Due to the current situation that we are living with the "Covid-19" pandemic, one of the most worrying areas for the population is education. In recent months, many schools have suspended face-to-face activities in order to try to reduce the increase in infections. And despite the technological tools, online education has not been entirely satisfactory since the students' interest in learning is not the same as having education in person.
The new formats represent a significant change not only in the students' ability to learn but also in the teachers' ability to adapt to a new teaching and assessment model.
Los nuevos formatos representan un cambio significativo no sólo en la habilidad del alumno para aprender sino también del docente en adaptarse a un nuevo modelo de enseñanza y evaluación.
And even without being perfect formats during a crisis they can represent a business opportunity. Currently there are autonomous learning platforms such as: "Udemy", "Platzi" and "Youtube", in which there is no third-party evaluation of the student who is acquiring knowledge, so this is limited only to the ability of the student to be self-taught.
Courses are becoming more accessible to the general public, thus promoting, to some extent, a better preparation that translates into more skills and abilities.E-Learning platforms:
The purpose of e-Learning platforms is to be able to transmit and evaluate the students' knowledge, since currently both open source and commercial software are focused on facilitating the management of each of the requirements of the course to be taught.
Currently there are platforms such as "Moodle", "Blackboard" and "Almagesto", among others, that in some cases it simply serve as a tool to strengthen some areas of opportunity in a course or topic, but for the situation we are currently experiencing, some of these platforms do not cover all the needs that the student and the teacher need to obtain satisfactory results in the educational subject.
In conclusion, there is a view in the growth and approach in the technological area as an opportunity to improve the achievement in the schools, as long as the necessary platforms are available, that is, in an ideal scenario in which the student is present in each of the virtual classes, as well as compliance and assistance is really true.
As students, some of us have been in the shameful but realistic situation of doing a "Copy-Paste" of a task or exam, which, whatever the reason and under any scenario, is a fact that for obvious reasons it prevents the student from having a better use and result in his/her education. This kind of barriers that complicate the tendency to use e-Learning platforms in many cases.
Lastly, it would be a major challenge for these platforms to make the school less tedious and boring to capture the attention of a larger audience; after all, the future of global education could be found online.
- Estrada, V. P. El aprendizaje remoto enfrenta otro reto: el profesorado no está preparado para la enseñanza en línea. Observatorio de Innovación Educativa. - Observatorio de innovación educativa
- Lea, A. La diferencia entre la enseñanza remota de emergencia y el aprendizaje en línea. red EMC. - Red EMC
- "Karlosperú". Educación remota: ¿cómo adaptarse este nuevo sistema de aprendizaje? Blog personal KarlosPerú. - Karlosperú
- CENGAGE. 27 Plataformas Virtuales Educativas Gratuitas. CENGAGE LATINOAMÉRICA. - CENGAGE
- e-Learning Masters Enseñanza Virtual, Recursos y herramientas. 10 plataformas educativas donde podrás crear cursos virtuales. - E-Learning Masters
- Aula 1 School Managment. Plataformas educativas ¿Qué son y para qué sirven?. - Aula 1